News
STRUCTURED PRODUCTS | Tony Chua, Malaysia
view(s)

CIMB launches exclusive structured product

CIMB Bank Bhd head of retail banking Peter England said the bank's new product aims to protect capital and ensures returns.

CIMB Group expects its latest structured product, the Greater China and Commodities Income Protected Plus-i, which has a subscription limit of approximately $86 million, to be fully taken up before its offer period ends on 25 September, as reported in The Star Online.

England said the shariah-compliant product was unique in that it provided capital protection as well as income guarantee.

"Our survey revealed that investors want capital as well as income protection, especially since the global economic crisis," he told reporters after launching the product.

He said as the name of the product suggested, the fund was riding on the global recovery of capital and commodity markets of Greater China, with MSCI Taiwan Index, Hang Seng China Enterprise Index and S&P GSCI Excess Return Index as the reference indices.

CIMB Investment Bank head of structured and banking products Chu Kok Wei said the structured product required a minimum investment of $72,000.

"This product addresses the sentiment of clients, which looks at safety, regular income and potential upside. It pays an average protected profit of 4 percent per annum for 10 years, with a potential to earn an additional average profit of 4.5 percent, bringing the total potential profit rate to 8.5 percent per year," he said.

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.