In Focus
RETAIL STRUCTURED PRODUCTS | Cesar Tordesillas, China
view(s)

Fund targets growth in China, India and Indonesia

 

Swiss & Global Asset Management has launched a Luxembourg-domiciled equity fund targeting growth in China, India and Indonesia.

The Julius Baer Chindonesia Fund, a Ucits III structured vehicle, will combine direct exposure to Chindonesia with investment in satellite countries benefiting from economic ties with the China, India and Indonesia triangle. It is managed by Vincent Lagger and Jian Shi Cortesi.

Julius Baer said the aim of the fund is to identify stocks early in their growth phase which are benefiting from competitive advantages. A minimum of 80 per cent of the portfolio will be invested in the Chindonesia universe, leaving 20 per cent available for investment in companies listed outside Chindonesia but generating the majority of their revenues in these three countries.

Key examples of areas the managers will tap into outside of Chindonesia include resources, via Mongolia and Kazakhstan, gambling via, Hong Kong, and consumer electronics, via Taiwan and Korea.

“Chindonesia's economic activity already today equals 47% of the US economy,” said Lagger and Cortesi. “For the last eight years the countries have been the top three profit generators in Asia. The twenty-first century may well become the 'Chindonesia' century.”

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.